A comedy cricket book, in which you’ll find excerpts from a number of remarkable cricket books, none of which you’ve ever read before because they never actually existed. There’s I, Pad, Shane Watson’s infamous manifesto arguing that the LBW Law should be abolished. There’s Out of My Ed, in which you’ll discover the truth about the real Ed Cowan. There’s a Banner-Man comic book, a Mitch Marsh play, and much more. They’re all part of The Instant Cricket Library.
The book runs the full gamut of parodies:
– cricketer biographies (including Brendon McCullum, Kevin Pietersen, Ellyse Perry, Andy Bichel, Dean Jones et al)
– cricket writers and commentators (including Gideon Haigh, Neville Cardus, C L R James, Mark Nicholas, Jarrod Kimber, et al)
– cricket as interpreted through other genres (travel guides, fantasy, children’s books, true crime, self-help books, mysteries, sci-fi, literary fiction, horror, etc)
– cricket as interpreted through other formats (comic books, mathematics textbooks, encyclopaedias, bibles (not Wisden, the other one), plays, etc)
– and other stuff that’s way too difficult to categorise
It’s also got some magnificent illustrations in there that make the book sing (not literally).
It’s an entire cricket library in one book! You need never buy another cricket book again. Talk about value for money.