A complete rule set for tabletop role-playing adventures, in the style of Dungeons & Dragons. Create a cricketer and tour strange, far-off nations, filled with fearsome opponents, probing journalists, baying crowds and other frightful perils.
The rule set comes in PDF form and contains the complete rules (58 pages) for both players and the Tour Manager (TM), who runs the game. The rules cover such game mechanics as:
– Creating a cricketer – choose between batters, fast bowlers, spin bowlers, wicket-keepers, genuine all-rounders or bits and pieces players
– Playing matches – instructions on how to play T20s, ODIs and Test matches, including selection, captaincy, pitch conditions and weather
– Skills – a variety of different skills for each of the various kinds of players, including Bowls in the Corridor of Uncertainty, Leg Spin Filth, Ties Up An End, Mops Up The Tail, Dressing Room Favourite, and many, many more
– Public perception – using the media (or social media!) to influence how fans of the game feel about the player’s cricketer
– Intra-team conflict – managing the dressing room conflicts within the team, including net sessions, team activities and other opportunities for undermining one’s captain
The rule book also contains a special section for the Tour Manager who runs the game, including tips and an introductory adventure touring The Savannah Republic, home to wild animals and even wilder cricketers.
Download the PDF, gather your RPG-loving friends together, roll up some cricketers and get touring. (Note: all dice rolls in the game use normal six-sided dice. There is a limit to how nerdy I expect you to be.)